10 in stock
- Invada Records & Lakeshore Records will co-release MONOS—Original Motion Picture Soundtrack, featuring original music by Ivor Novello Award winner and Academy Award-nominated Mica Levi (Jackie, Under the Skin).
- The London-based composer, music producer and artist creates an indescribably hallucinatory, often menacing backdrop to the survivalist thriller set on a remote mountain in Latin America.
- The score is pressed on 180g black vinyl, housed in a deluxe heavyweight gatefold sleeve, with stunning artwork by Sander Brouwer printed on reverse board. The record comes housed in a double sided printed inner sleeve, and includes an extra thick printed artwork insert and digital download card.
- Says Landes: “Mica connected with and understood the spirit of the film: the faces, the colors, the extremeness of the environment, the mash of costumes, the absence of a specific time, place or date. She’s classically trained but can be equally as inspired by pop or heavy metal; she can mix synthesizer-driven music with a quartet. All this brings a very particular sensibility, a mixing of instruments, that made for a distinct, emotional and atemporal sound.”
- The NEON film directed by Alejandro Landes (Porfirio), is in US theaters September 13.