Transparent Vinyl (004LPX) is for Indie stores only.
Featuring Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds and Kylie Minogue and Sophia Loren with Tonis Maroudas Academy award nominated film and winner of the 2015 Cannes Film Festival Jury prize (among many others), ‘The Lobster’ is a dystopian comedy-drama directed by Yorgos Lanthimos (Dogstooth, The Killing Of A Sacred Deer) and co-written by Efthymis Filippou that stars Colin Farrell, Rachel Weisz and Olivia Colman. Love is a crazy thing that’s as perverse as the relationships that come with it, living in the digital age of love-matching and profiling, ‘The Lobster’ tackles humanity’s struggle with love, the fear of loneliness and societal issues. Forced by the government to find a partner in forty-five days under their watchful eye and extreme training program or you’ll be turned into an animal to survive in the woods. The absurdist sci-fi horror movie sees residents out hunting for ‘Loners’ who once caught are sent off to face their fate in return for extra time to find love that keeps them alive. Out in the woods alongside them are celibate freedom fighters that have joined the resistance, it is here a love story unfolds. Curated by Lanthimos and music supervisor Amy Ashworth, the soundtrack “brings the film’s edgy tension and menace to the fore” (Screen Daily) with orchestral renditions of Beethoven, Stravinsky and Shostakovich alongside Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds with Kylie Minogue on ‘Where The Wild Roses Grow’ and Sophia Loren with Tonis Maroudas on ‘Ti Ein Afto Pou To Lene Agapi’.
Fire Soundtracks and Lakeshore Records are set to release ‘The Lobster’ soundtrack for the first time on limited edition vinyl on December 1st.
1. Juilliard String Quartet – String Quartet In F Major, Op.18, No. 1, Adagio Affettuoso Ed Appassionato (Live)
2. Danae – Apo Mesa Pethamenos
3. Borodin Quartet Quintet – For Piano And Strings: In Tempo di Valse
4. Benjamin John Tomlin – Million $ (feat. Milla M.)
5. Goldner String Quartet – 3 Pieces For String Quartet No. 3
6. The Tale Quartet – String Quartet No. 2: I Moderato
7. Johnnie Burn – Hog Shuffle
8. Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Kylie Minogue – Where The Wild Roses Grow
9. Takács Quartet – String Quartet No. 1 In D, Op. 25: Andante Sostenuto
10. Sophia Loren and Tonis Maroudas – Ti Ein Auto Pou To Lene Agapi