* Official Record Store Day title
* Limited to 1,000 copies on “Pitted” pink wax
* First ever release
* LP housed in a deluxe gatefold jacket
* Includes insert sleeves with stills from the film
For Record Store Day 2017, influential California-based board sports and lifestyle brand Volcom and Cinewax are teaming up to release the original soundtrack for their 2015 surf film Psychic Migrations. Directed by veteran surf filmmaker Ryan Thomas and shot on Super 16-mm film on location in the West Indies, East Indies, Australia, Polynesia, and the Americas, the highly acclaimed film builds on the rich history of surf flicks. To match the global scope of the film, the international cast of surfers includes Kelly Slater, Ryan Burch, Ozzie Wright, Dusty Payne and Carlos Muñoz, among others.
To match the cinematic poetry of this psychedelic surf journey, a suitable soundtrack was necessary. Featuring proto-New Age piano music by Gurdjieff / de Hartmann, drone jams from Bitchin Bajas and Al Lover, and garage-psych from Thee Oh Sees, Cave and White Fence, the soundtrack and film are an artistic synthesis of timeless music, pulsating surf action, and breathtaking scenery. The package is completed with a deluxe gatefold jacket, housing double pink vinyl and a digital download card for both the film and soundtrack.
1. Gurdjieff de Hartmann – The Struggle of the Magician’s (Part 3) 2. Cave – Shikaakwa 3. Cave – Arrow’s Myth 4. Al Lover – Flight Patterns 5. Al Lover – Nature’s Tuning 6. Sir Richard Bishop – Saraswati 7. Thee Oh Sees – Stick Hulks 8. Thee Oh Sees – Web 9. White Fence – Only Man Alive 10. Tracy Bryant – Subterranean 11. Corners – Against It 12. Al Lover – Permanent Now 13. Thee Oh Sees – Palace Doctor 14. Bitchin Bajas – Bajas Ragas 15. Wand – Generator Larping 16. Steve Hadley – New Step Click #4