Written and recorded for the highly anticipated return of David Lynch’s cult television classic Twin Peaks, “Snake Eyes” effectively harkens a time when noir R&B was the de-facto soundtrack to hard liquor violence. The instrumental trio Trouble includes Lynch’s son Riley Lynch on guitar, longtime music supervisor for Lynch, Dean Hurley on drums and Alex Zhang Hungtai (Dirty Beaches, Last Lizard) on tenor saxophone. The B-side to the single consists of the bonus “Mother’s Gone;” a menacing companion track also recorded during the band’s only Twin Peaks recording session. There may never be any more music from Trouble, but this 45 serves as physical evidence of the group’s continued existence in a parallel cinematic universe, grinding out late night Roadhouse gigs in the fictitious town of Twin Peaks, Washington.
- A-side was performed by Trouble on the June 5 episode of Twin Peaks on Showtime
- That same episode featured two songs by the Sacred Bones artist Uniform (from SBR-170 Wake in Fright)
- Collaboration between David Lynch’s son Riley Lynch, his longtime music supervisor Dean Hurley, and Alex Zhang Hungtai (Dirty Beaches, Last Lizard)
- Limited edition, one-time pressing of 1500
- Comes with exclusive poster depicting a scene from Twin Peaks