Signed to Atlantic Records in the hubbub after Nirvana’s Nevermind exploded, the Melvins’ fifth album Houdini was a conscious attempt by the band to make a record that wouldn’t alienate their fans but that the band members themselves would also enjoy. Their best-selling release by a country-mile, this album crested at number 29 on on the Billboard Heatseekers chart. Houdini would be most folks introduction to the band and songs like “Honeybucket” received MTV airplay.
• First time on vinyl since 1993
• Mastered directly from original analog tapes
• Six tracks produced by Kurt Cobain
• Cover art by legendary artist Frank Kozik
• Includes the vinyl-only bonus track “Rocket Reducer No. 62 (Rama Lama Fa Fa Fa)” originally by the MC5
• Gatefold sleeve
• 180-gram vinyl